Newbold Search (company number 13219503) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and other users of our website and business.
To this effect, we will ensure that the information you pass to Newbold Search is only used for the purposes set out in our policy, in accordance to the Data Protection legislation.
The information we collect and how we use it
Newbold Search may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV. On occasions this may also include, with your explicit consent, sensitive personal (special category data) information such as (but not limited to) details of residential status, eligibility to work in the UK and criminal convictions. This information is held securely by us and may be used and/or disclosed as follows:
- to provide our recruitment services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user a client or candidate; to match your details with job vacancies; to assist us in finding a position that meets your criteria within a relevant geographic location, and to send your personal information (that may include sensitive personal information) to clients by means of application
- to, subject to consent, send marketing messages keeping you informed about products and services we offer, advising you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where you provide consent, you would be able to unsubscribe from such communications at anytime
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
- to third parties (data processers) who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, research and mailing houses. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Newbold Search
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information, where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may, from time to time, subject to consent, collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, and page scrolling. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and will never be shared with anybody else. This is conducted in line with Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR).
Your Curriculum Vitae
We give you the option of providing your CV to us. Your CV will be stored securely in the Newbold Search database, and will be accessible by Newbold Search staff.
You can update your CV and your personal details at any time, sending us a new version of that data. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
In line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR, May 2018), you have the right to be forgotten, resulting in the removal of your CV from our database. This can be requested by written submission to the Data Controller.
Access & your right to be forgotten
In line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR, May 2018), you have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold, including but not limited, to your personal details, your CV and any special category data you have previously supplied as part of our process.
You also have the right at any time to withdraw consent, or for your personal details, your CV and any special category data you have previously supplied as part of our process to be deleted from our database and any third parties (data processers) we work with.
To accommodate this request, we may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Access can be requested by written submission to the Data Controller.
If you have any enquiries or requests as above, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at:
Jamie Newbold, Newbold Search. Registered office 2a The Quadrant, Epsom, Surrey, KT174RH.